Daily walking is the best exercise for health. It is a great exercise and it keeps the body away from diseases. As simple and easy may it seem but do you know why and how walking keeps you healthy?
Benefits of a Morning Walk
1. Improve your mood: Exercise releases chemicals called endorphins in the body that makes you feel good. You don’t need to run a marathon to help free them. Walking will do just fine!
2. Get more energy to start your day: Walking can help improve circulation, and the brisk morning air can wake you up and feel great! You’ll also have a sense of accomplishment knowing you got up and got a great walk, which you can carry through your day.
3. Sleep better: If you are having sleep problems, walking a little can go a long way in resolving them, suggests a new research involving over 400,000 adults. The researchers identified that physical activities, such as walking, as well as aerobics/calisthenics, biking, gardening, golfing, running, weight-lifting and yoga/pilates are associated with better sleep habits, compared to no activity.
4. Improves your memory: When people hear walking can improve memory, and leads to volumetric changes in the brain, they are often surprised. If the brain is like a muscle, then shouldn’t brain exercises help? How can walking lead to changes in the brain? The simple answer is blood flow. Cardiovascular exercise leads to greater blood flow to the brain, bringing oxygen and nutrients.
5. Help For Weight Loss: Physical activity, such as walking, is important for weight control because it helps you burn calories. If you add 30 minutes of brisk walking to your daily routine, you could burn about 150 more calories a day. Of course, the more you walk and the quicker your pace, the more calories you’ll burn.
The great thing about walking is that you can do it anywhere and anytime you choose.
A morning walk is a fantastic way to start your day. Once morning walks become a habit, you will start feeling better and become proactive. So, start today and walk towards good health. Take care!